Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical and show-stopping performer at last night's 2014 Tony Awards, Idina Menzel, graced the red carpet in a stunning red gown that perfectly complemented her flowing, brunette locks. Celebrity hairstylist Ted Gibson created Menzel's sexy hair look using Kérastase, Leonor Greyl, and Aveda products.
Says Gibson, "What a glorious day for the Tonys! I have been with Idina since 7:30 AM, so needless to say the party started really early! She had rehearsal at Radio City at 9 AM, then back to the theatre for her AMAZING Broadway show, then back to the Tonys for the red carpet! HAIR, HAIR and more HAIR!
"I wanted her to look like a 1960s Italian movie star. I immediately thought of Sophia Loren – super sexy, yet super sophisticated."
Get the Look:
1. Starting with damp hair, smooth Kérastase Form Fatale gel all over hair for added volume and body. This gel also provides UV and heat protectant while maintaining shape and texture, essential for forming sexy waves.
2. After blow drying hair until completely dry, part hair in a deep side part. Next, smooth Leonor Greyl Eclat Naturel throughout strands. This cream conditions and adds additional protection for heat styling.
3. Take 1 ½-inch sections and curl vertically around a large barrel curling iron and release, curling around the entire head with the curl facing away from the face.
4. Next, rake fingers through the hair, tucking the parted side behind the ear.
5. Finish the look with Aveda Control hairspray throughout hair to hold all those waves in place.
[Image: Dimitrios Kambouris via Getty Images]