Three cities in 24 hours ─ that was the challenge facing celebrity hairstylist Laini Reeves of Tomlinson Management Group in creating three distinctive red-carpet hair looks for Edge of Tomorrow star Emily Blunt. After walking the red carpets at the London and Paris premieres, Emily Blunt arrived in Manhattan for the last leg of the marathon event. Here, in her own words, Reeves breaks down Emily Blunt’s head-turning look for the New York City premiere.
"For the New York City premiere, I collaborated with Emily and makeup artist Jenn Streicher to come up with Emily’s look," says Reeves. "We drew inspiration from the strapless Prada column gown in lipstick red, clashing with the hot pink accessories. From there I decided to create a sleek, classic and simple side bun to echo the ultra-modern lines of Emily’s gown."
How to get the look:
1. "First, I prepped Emily’s wet hair with René Furterer VEGETAL MOUSSE and gave it a blowout with a soft-bristle round brush to smooth it out and get a sleek finish.
2. "After misting hair with René Furterer VEGETAL FINISHING SPRAY, using a soft-bristle flat brush, I brushed the hair into a low side part, brushing hair over to the right side.
3. "Next, I secured the ponytail with a hair band. I lightly sprayed the hair with René Furterer VEGETAL FINISHING SPRAY for extra hold and used a small amount of René Furterer STYLING WAX to smooth any fly-aways. When styling your own look, always make sure everything is perfect before preparing the bun.
4. "To create texture, I lightly back-combed the ponytail, making the hair easier to secure. I then sprayed it again to add more hold.
5. "I twisted the ponytail at the nape of the neck behind the ear into a bun and secured it with bobby pins. To finish, I sprayed the bun one last time with René Furterer VEGETAL FINISHING SPRAY for lasting hold."
[Image: Jim Spellman via Getty Images]