L’Oréal Professionnel’s first-ever Ambassadress, Kirsten Dunst captivated the Met Gala red carpet with a 30’s inspired galactic ballerina bun created by Hairstylist, Cervando Maldonado for L’Oréal Professionnel. Capturing inspiration from Marlene Dietrich and Helmut Newton, with a nod to the elegance of Charles James: Beyond Fashion, Maldonado adorned the look with a diamond and ribbon headpiece by Van Cleef & Arpels. The ethereal style was paired with a ‘death star’ inspired gown by Rodarte.
THE LOOK: 30’S INSPIRED GALACTIC BALLERINA BUN
· Prep damp hair with L’Oréal Professionnel Mousse Volupté ($22.50 / LPSalons.com) and rake through with fingers and spray L’Oréal Professionnel Volumetry Root Spray ($25.50 / LPSalons.com) to add volume at the roots
· Create soft finger waves at the crown by sweeping a 3-inch section towards the right side and adding bobby pins to set waves throughout the section
· While the style sets, blow-dry rest of hair, starting at the bottom and working in sections using a medium size round brush
· Brush dry hair back into a ponytail and secure just above the occipital bone then twist hair into a tight ballerina bun, securing with bobby pins and hair pins
· Once front section is dry and set, remove bobby pins, brush through and loosely secure the wave into the bun
· Spray hair with L’Oréal Professionnel Volumetry Powder Fresh SOS Refreshing Spray ($19.00 / LPSalons.com) to rid any excess oil, finish with a light mist of L’Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil Reinforcing Milk for camera-ready shine
· Finish the look with added elegance, by placing a jeweled hair piece at the top of the ballerina bun
Artist tip: L’Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil Reinforcing Milk ($32.00 / LPSalons.com) can be used as a finishing spray to add reflection and shine to any look – on or off the red carpet.
"Finish the look by pulling one side of the hair back with a jeweled pin placed behind the ear,” says Maldonado for L’Oréal Professionnel.