At last night's MET Gala in NYC, comedian and actress Sarah Silverman wore a sleek, elegant bun that complemented her dramatic, burgundy gown. Hairstylist Brett Freedman of Celestine Agency used T3 tools to create the simple yet sophisticated look.
Get the Look:
1. Beginning with wet hair, Brett prepared the hair with Paul Mitchell mousse (from root to ends) to give hair texture/grip, and then used a touch of Sebastian Professional Cellophanes Clear on the ends to seal/add shine.
2. Next, he blew dry the hair using a T3 Anti-Gravity 2.5-inch Barrel Brush and T3 Evolution LongLife Dryer, section by section, up and away from Sarah's face in order for the hair to be sleek but maintain body.
3. Once the hair was dry, Brett used the T3 Voluminous Hot Rollers to add volume and create bend at the ends ensuring that when styling the woven bun, it bent naturally into place with less fly-away hairs.
4. Once the rollers cooled and set after 30 minutes, he brushed out the hair with a T3 Paddle Brush.
5. Then, Brett created a deep side part using the T3 Rat Tail Comb and combed the hair towards the nape of the neck.
6. Next, he tilted the head (chin up) to gather the hair at the nape of the neck securely with a black CyndiBands elastic hair tie.
7. Once secured, Brett wrapped the hair up and around, securing with pins until a sleek, ornate bun was created.
8. Brett finished the look with a touch of Freeze It hairspray and lightly pressed the flat end of the Rat Tail comb against any fly-aways.
[Image: Dimitrios Kambouris via Getty Images]