Styling brushes are not just for updos, Andrew Carruthers, Director of Education for Sam Villa, turns to his 60-70% of the time when smoothing and creating texture behind the chair. Changing tools can help stylists create today’s looks, easier and more efficiently. The Sam Villa Styling Brush has a bamboo handle, Boar’s hair base and tourmaline infused ionic nylon bristles, while the nylon bristles push hair down into the Boar’s hair bristles for ultimate polish.
Create Loose Easy Waves
1. Apply Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine from midshaft to ends and take vertical sections.
2. Come from behind each section with the brush and over direct hair forward and down tightly.
3. Position a Sam Villa Professional Ionic Blow Dryer so the heat is in front of the section and follow it from the base to the ends slowly while over directing hair forward and down.
4. Release hair, twist with fingers and let cool; the ends get a nice curl from being wrapped around the back of the brush. There is not a lot of body – it’s more condensed to the head.
1. Apply Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine and Redken Smooth Lock stay sleek leave-in cream from mid-shaft to ends.
2. Taking small horizontal sections, brush through once to rid tangles.
3. Coming from underneath, tightly place brush under the section.
4. Use the concentrator nozzle to focus the airflow into the brush and down the hair strand, moving the brush slowly to let the heat and air polish the cuticle for a sleek smooth finish.
Check out Carruthers' tips in the video below, and discover more new, creative approaches in cutting and finishing globally influenced shapes at www.samvilla.com!
[Images/video courtesy of Glow Communications]