At last night's MET Gala in NYC, hairstylist Marissa Marino for Moroccanoil drew inspiration from this year's theme, "White Tie & Decorations," as well as from Charles James' structured approach to fashion to create a glamorous up-do for Selena Gomez who attended alongside Diane von Furstenberg. Inspired by the legendary designer’s glamorous approach to haute couture, Selena's style was truly "American glamor."
Get the Look:
Prep: Apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse to wet hair from root-to-tip to create volume at the crown and give strands extra body and bounce.
1. Blow dry hair smooth using Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Brush 35mm.
2. Using a 1.5 inch barrel iron, curl 1-inch sections around entire head; apply Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection to each section before curling to protect strands and keep hair shiny and healthy.
3. To create the up-do, split hair in three sections: bottom (ear-to-ear); middle (temple-to-temple) and top (full crown).
4. Starting with bottom section, create a ponytail at the nape of the neck, and then roll entire the ponytail upwards and pin horizontally for a tube effect. Secure with pins.
5. Next, roll the middle section horizontally and pin underneath into the bottom roll.
6. Lightly tease the top section for extra volume. Then, roll vertically (similar to a downward French twist) and pin into the middle roll.
7. Finish with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong for long-lasting hold and Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine for a photo-ready, red carpet finish.
[Image: Karwai Tang via Getty Images]