At the recent Suzanne Rogers Presents: ZAC POSEN show, held in Toronto, Canada, the designer was inspired by the alluring elegance of 1940's American film star Veronica Lake. Mimicking her signature style, the "peek-a-boo curl," Moroccanoil's Global Creative Director Antonio Corral Calero created soft but structured flowing curls that were reminiscent of Old Hollywood with a contemporary twist. Says Calero, “This look was the true depiction of timeless, feminine elegance."
Get the Look:
1. Start by prepping dry hair with Moroccanoil Treatment Light throughout the mid-lengths and Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream from root-to-tip to keep hair hydrated and improve elasticity.
2. Next, saturate the hair with Moroccanoil Root Boost from roots to ends. Blow dry hair using fingertips to lift pieces and create volume.
3. Create a deep, left side part using the arch of the eyebrow as a guide to determine the depth of the part.
4. Using a 1 ¼ inch curling iron, set all strands of the hair (on the base of the iron), in horizontal sections. Then, spray each section with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong and curl pieces toward the face. Pin in place to cool.
5. Brush out curls using the Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Classic Brush to create a softer look. Form a more defined wave on the heavier side of the part by moving hair behind the ears.
6. Finish with a spray of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong to keep strands in place.
[Images courtesy of Lippe Taylor PR]