Hair stylists Nina Dimachki and Akemi Tamaribuchi for Kérastase created a classic, beautiful French twist for the Carolina Herrera Spring 2015 presentation at Bridal Fashion Week. See the steps below to recreate the elegant style for your clients on their way to the alter!
1. Apply a quarter size of Ciment Thérmique from mid-lengths to ends on clean, dry hair. Layer a generous amount of Mousse Bouffante, sectioning the hair during application for even distribution.
2. Using a 1" curling iron, set the hair horizontally in a brick laying fashion. Spray each section with Lacque Dentelle prior to curling for a secure hold. Once curls have cooled, gently brush through ringlets with a bristle finishing brush
3. Using a bristle finishing brush, back-brush from the roots to the mid-lengths to create a strong cushion at the base.
1. Brush the hair completely back with a bristle finishing brush, making sure to leave the cushioning effect at the base. Gather hair at the occipital bone/high part of the nape area.
2. Twist hair upward toward the right to create a lean, tidy French twist. Pin along the seam on the right side of the French twist.
3. Once the twist has been secured with pins, twirl the ends of the hair at the top into the roll to conceal. Pin adjustments to the French twist to perfect, creating a regal, elegant shape. Spray with Lacque Dentelle to finish.
[Images courtesy of Siren PR]