From blue mohawks to subtle pastel ends, punk style has influenced hair trends in the music and fashion industry for decades. Demi Lovato refreshes these iconic looks by showing how incorporating color can appear spontaneous, yet casual. The singer has left her blue hue behind for a hot pink shade. Bright hair colors are becoming mainstream among celebs, and chances are some of your clients are looking to achieve similar styles. Perfect for spring, pink warms up strands and can add a creative punch to lack luster locks.
Starting to think pink? Vadre Grigsby, PRAVANA Artistic Color Director provided formulas and step-by-step instructions on achieving the look.
1. Pre-lighten the length of the hair with PRAVANA Pure Light Power Lightener + 30 Volume until almost all yellow has been removed.
2. Darken the base near the scalp if needed with ChromaSilk 4N + 10 volume
3. If starting with very dark hair it may be advisable to perform a PRAVANA Silk Degrees Shine Treatment after lightening to even out the porosity.
4. Shampoo with VIVIDS Color Protect Shampoo, dry completely and overlay the lightened hair with a mixture of 2 parts VIVIDS Magenta + 1 part VIVIDS Pink.
5. Process at room temperature for 20 minutes.