Aveda Guest Artist Jon Reyman created a "bold, worldly look: edgy twists married to a textured faux fringe" for the Ann Yee FW14 Presentation at New York Fashion Week. Inspired by the modern nomad, Yee was "mesmerized by the notion of an urban dweller with an adventurous spirit and non-conformist perspective."
Says Reyman, "Ann wanted geometric sharp lines and an abstract architectural shape in the back of the hair with a thick faux fringe in the front. I used new Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil for softness and shine and finished the look with Men's Firm Hold Gel and a misting of Control Force for a defined hold."
Get the Look:
1. Divide hair into 4 sections - top, bottom, left and right with a visible, defined part.
2. Spray Pure Abundance Style Prep onto each section of hair for sleek volume and blow dry straight. Use a fine tooth comb to gather the top section of hair in your hand and secure into a small ponytail with an elastic. Repeat on left, right and bottom sections of hair.
3. Run Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil through each ponytail and begin to twirl each section of hair around elastic. Pin each twirl in place, covering the elastic and leaving the ends out.
4. Bring loose ends over the forehead and style in place, creating a thick, textured fringe. Use Men's Pure-Formance Firm Hold Gel to tightly comb each section of hair into place from nap of neck up.
5. Finish the look with a misting of Control Force Hair Spray all over for a strong but barely-there hold.
Pro Tip: For hair that needs more moisture, incorporate Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo and Dry Remedy Moisturizing Conditioner into hair care routine in addition to Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil.
[Image courtesy of Aveda]