Redken Creative Consultant Guido kept the hair simple and youthful for the Marc by Marc Jacobs presentation at New York Fashion Week with two tight clean braids that were slightly disheveled by black headbands. In order to counter the more sophisticated collection this season, Guido opted for a hairstyle reminiscent of grammar school and cartoon characters. Jagged, messy partings and Redken's new flex texturizers gave the style a rebellious edge, making it clear to the bystander that the Marc girl is not your typical girl next door.
Says Guido, "I incorporated elements of manga, cartoon warriors and Wednesday Addams from the Addams Family into the look I designed for Marc by Marc Jacobs. Ultimately, I created this schoolgirl hairstyle with the Marc girl in mind, in that I wanted the overall style to remain youthful, cool and a bit punk. There is substance and style to the Marc girl, but there is also a rebellious dark side. Quite simply, the two braids are not meant to be that cute or innocent."
Get the Look:
1. Apply Flex Shape Factor 22 Sculpting Cream-Paste to damp hair from root to ends.
2. Rough dry the hair with fingers.
3. Create a messy center part down the center and divide hair into two sections.
4. Apply Pillow Proof Blowdry Two Day Extender from mid-lengths to ends for added texture.
5. Braid hair tightly on each side and fasten with an elastic.
6. Place black headband behind ears.
7. Pull some loose pieces around the face for an undone finish.
[Image credit: Greg Kessler for Redken]