For the Carmen Marc Valvo Fall 2014 presentation at New York Fashion Week, stylist Ted Gibson created a look that complemented the designer's many inspirations including Istanbul, strong warrior women, the Renaissance and ninjas. Says Gibson, “Carmen was inspired by Istanbul and the whole idea of a strong woman, so I couldn’t do hair that was flat, romantic and pretty. I knew we had to do something really spectacular. So immediately I thought about ponytails, but had to do something fun and strong with it. We got leather pieces to wrap around the ponytail and did a tiered look. I also wanted to take it to the next level in the front and thought a fake fringe would be appropriate. The fringe brings emphasis to the face and makes the look tougher. I think faux bangs are so cool for any woman because she can get the look of a fringe without having to make the full commitment with cutting her hair."
Get the Look:
1. Flat iron hair.
2. Add L’Oreal Professionnel’s Architexture and brush back to smooth out hairline.
3. Create a centered ponytail with a bungee.
4. Add extension hair to ponytail.
5. Wrap and tie leather around bungee.
6. Use black elastics to make a tiered ponytail.
7. Add chunky clip on bangs.
8. Finish with Beautiful Hold Hairspray.
[Images courtesy of Ted Gibson]