Redken Creative Consultant Guido used Redken products, including Control Addict 28 Extra High-Hold Hairspray, to create a firm, helmet-like shape around the head at Alexander Wang's Fall/Winter 2014 presentation at New York Fashion Week. To further amplify the artificial quality of the look, Guido coated the hair with Shine Flash 02 Glistening Mist and had the makeup team color in the model's part. The head shape, rather than the ponytail, was the prominent style at Alexander Wang's show. While there were unconventional elements at play, the overall style remained both cool and chic.
Says Guido, "The inspiration for the hair this season actually came from a drawing Alexander Wang shared with me when he was designing the collection. I wanted the hair to look drawn on the models like Alex's illustration, so I used very straight lines to create the illusion that the hair was stuck on. I didn't want the hair to be too normal. I wanted to make something classic, a little different so certain elements were slightly off."
Get the Look:
1. Apply Pillow Proof Blowdry Express Primer to damp hair.
2. Using a natural bristle brush, blow dry hair until completely dry and straight.
3. Divide hair into two sections (top and bottom), fastening the bottom and larger section into a low ponytail with an elastic.
4. Create a deep and clean side part with the top section.
5. Using a finishing brush, start to comb the front section forward to create side swept bangs.
6. Secure swept bangs with a bobby pin and add the remaining lengths to low ponytail.
7. Apply Control Addict 28 Extra High-Hold Hairspray to top of head to smooth any remaining fly-aways.
8. Spray Control Addict 28 directly on side swept bangs until wet.
9. Use a blow dryer and a comb to mold the side swept bangs. Remove bobby pins.
10. Coat the hair with Shine Flash 02 Glistening Mist to increase shine.
[Image credit: Matt Lever for Redken]