For the 2014 Grammy Awards, celebrity hairstylist Aviva Perea created a messy, textured, braided chignon for "Modern Family" actress Ariel Winter. Says Perea, "It's always fun doing hair for music events because you can be more risky." The overall look was both polished and fun, and perfect for the event.
Get the Look:
1. Beginning with damp hair, Perea prepped with both a volumizing spray and a mousse, then rough dried using her fingers and the T3 Evolution Longlife Dryer.
2. Starting at the base of Winter's neck, Perea took 1” sections of the hair and wrapped them around the T3 SinglePass Whirl Styling Wand.
3. Perea then shook the hair out with her fingers and coated with a both a dry texture spray and a volumizing spray.
4. Next, she began making braids starting at the nape of Winter's neck and working upwards, securing each with a rubber elastic.
5. Perea made six braids in total and twisted them in to a chignon, securing with bobby pins.
6. She loosely framed Winter's face for a soft, messy look.
7. She finished the look off with an extra strong hold hair spray.
[Image: Getty Images]