Robert Vetica styles Cate Blanchett for the Golden Globes using the Vidal Sassoon Pro Series. Robert and Cate went for a timeless look – a style that was perfectly suited for one of the biggest award shows of the year. Inspired by Grace Kelly’s classic hair look, Cate knew they wanted to create a glamorous look from head to toe. Cate’s classic and captivating hairstyle is truly timeless and complements her Armani Couture black lace dress with a low back. To finish the look, Robert tucked her hair on the left side to showcase the gorgeous Chopard earrings.
1. First prep damp hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse, applying throughout the hair for lift and hold.
2. Create a low side part and then starting in the back, take a medium boar bristle round brush and blow dry hair down and away from the face, keeping hair flat. Apply a bit more mousse to the front of your hair to help shape your style while giving extra hold to your look.
3. Once hair is dry, spritz Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray to protect hair before curling it. Using a ¾ inch curling iron, take hair in the back of your head, separate into 2 inch sections and curl.
4. Once the curled hair has cooled, backcomb to create texture and roll hair up into an “underwrap” style, pinning the look into place. Once all the hair has been rolled and pinned, pull a few pieces of hair from the “underwrap” to create a natural look with a little texture.
5. To finish, spray hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray to lock your look in place.
[Image: Getty Images/Steve Granitz/WireImage]