At last night's 2014 Golden Globe Awards, host and award-winner for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series, Comedy or Musical, Amy Poehler looked beautifully understated with a sexy yet natural makeup look. Celebrity makeup artist Brett Freedman, who created the look using Votre Vu products, says, “for Amy's triple duties at this year's Golden Globes (red carpet, host & nominee) I wanted to give her a vivid, sexy look that felt fresh, not overdone."
Get the Look:
1. Freedman started by prepping the skin using Votre Vu Attentive Crème du Jour. Says Freedman, "it’s the perfect starting point for hydrated, firm skin."
2. Next, he used a Smashbox primer, which helps keep shine at bay and helps makeup hold up longer.
3. Freedman used Votre Vu Love Me Deux in Cannes foundation for a lift of color. Then, he dabbed the coordinating concealer on the inner eye near the tear duct to brighten and make the eyes pop. Next, he added a powder that was an ‘almost bronzer’ shade to give Amy's skin a warm glow.
4. For blush, Freedman used Votre Vu Beaute En Bronze blush/bronzer duo. So as not to give Amy a too sweet/apple cheek look, he swept the deeper bronze shade in the hollow of the cheekbone and up toward temples. Just above it, he swept the fleshy peach tone in the same direction.
5. He then applied a highlighter along the top of the cheekbone to catch light and add a dewy finish.
6. To make-up Poehler's eyes, Freedman used Votre Vu Palette Play in Copper. Says Freedman, "I love this Votre Vu palette because it's super pigmented and can be used wet or dry. I used all fleshy/neutral tones on eyes and applied the shimmery bronze with a damp brush to catch light and give a dewy/cream shadow feel."
7. For the finishing touch on the eyes, he used Eiffel Power Mascara blackest black to darken, lengthen and volumize lashes, after first curling the lashes. Once the mascara had dried, he quickly curled lashes a second time for greater impact.
8. For the brows, Freedman used Votre Vu's Arch De Triumphe in Fair. To give Poehler's eyes the most open look possible, he brushed this tinted soft wax behind brow hairs and slightly above, then brushed the hairs up.
9. For the lips, he kept it simple with a nude lip liner and clear gloss. Says Freedman, "I wanted Amy's lashes to be the darkest thing on her face, so we went with a soft and neutral lip. I filled in the entire lip with liner and applied a touch of gloss to the center to add moistness."
[Image: Getty Images]