For Kate Beckinsale's 2014 Golden Globe Awards look, celebrity stylist Sascha Breuer was inspired to create an edgier, "punk-inspired diva look that's a bit different from her usual soft, flowing waves." The result was a beautifully undone up-do that perfectly complemented the star's stunning gown.
Get the Look:
1. Start by using Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse directly on to the roots of damp hair. The mousse will help add body and hold and it’s a great way to set the style in. It’ll also make hair more pliable and easier to work with.
2. Begin blow drying the hair using a skeleton brush, and then use your fingers to create texture and additional volume. Once the hair is fully dry, separate into a horseshoe shaped section (the part between both temples & your crown area) and clip the top section away.
3. Pull the bottom section into a low, side ponytail at the nape of the neck and secure with an elastic. Then coil and wrap the tail into a messy bun. You can even tug a few strands out to create naturally falling bits and to loosen the bun. Secure hair with bobby pins.
4. Take the hair from the top section and back-comb the roots using Moroccanoil Ionic Ceramic Round Brush to maximize the volume at the crown and create a slightly disheveled texture.
5. Secure the top section into the existing loose bun with bobby pins.
6. Mist the hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium to add shine and long-lasting flexible hold. Spray a little product onto finger tips and work it into the single strands to help define the pieces. Secure the final look with a few more pins.
[Image: Getty Images]