At the 2014 Golden Globe Awards, Julia Louis-Dreyfus proved that a ponytail can still be elegant. The actress sported a simple-yet-gorgeous tousled ponytail that kept her hair swept back, showcasing her striking gown and makeup. Celebrity hair stylist David Gardner used Wella Professionals products in order to create the look.
Get the Look:
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Carefully squeeze and lightly towel dry with minimal rubbing or pulling then combed through with a wide tooth comb to allow the natural wave and texture come back.
3. Apply a generous amount of Wella Professionals Extra Volume Mousse evenly starting in the nape and working forward, then with the wide tooth comb from before, gently comb through ensuring an even distribution roots to tips.
4. Gently dry hair on a low heat using a diffuser, encouraging the natural waves, especially around the face, and lifting the roots on the crown until the hair is almost dry and a little "cold" to the touch.
5. Apply a few drops of Wella Professionals Oil Reflections and distribute with fingertips all over.
6. Continue diffusing the hair until dry.
7. Loosely pull the hair back while looking into the mirror for symmetry; hold hair in a high pony tail and using a covered band to prevent breakage, secure into a nice tight ponytail.
8. Using a tail comb, lightly lift the root area where needed, usually around the sides and on the top. Add texture by playing with the ponytail itself with your fingers, loosening the shiny gorgeous curls to the desired fullness and effect.
9. Finish and set style using Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray.
Stylist: David Gardner
[Image: Getty Images]