In House of Cards she’s the icy blonde with nerves of steel. On the Golden Globes red carpet, award-winner for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series, Drama, Robin Wright, rocked a look that combined uptown panache with downtown edge. Celebrity hair stylist Paul Norton used Joico hair products in order to give Wright her elegant yet cool look. “I was inspired by Robin’s dress,” says Paul. “It was a beautiful, sparkling, nude Reem Acra gown.”
Get the Look:
1. Norton first prepped damp hair with Joico Smooth Cure Shampoo and Conditioner to control fly-aways and keep hair “high-def worthy.”
2. After a quick trim to freshen her undercut, he applied Joico’s JoiWhip firm-hold design foam and blew the hair dry with a small Mason Pearson brush.
3. Next, he applied Joico Texture Boost dry spray wax to select sections throughout the hair lengths and began pinching and directing the hair forward.
4. In the fringe area, he swept the hair to one side, exposing the cropped side. “This gives the hair a nice edge, while keeping it super sexy and alluring with bangs that cascade over the brows,” says Paul.
5. For long-lasting, yet touchable hold and a mega boost of shine, he finished the hair with a final mist of Joico JoiMist Firm finishing hair spray.
To complement Wright's edgy look, celebrity makeup artist Tricia Sawyer used Orlane products to create a natural, downplayed makeup look. Also inspired by Wright's stunning, vintage-looking gown, Sawyer explains, “it’s a beautiful champagne color like a golden nude, so we kept to the color scheme.”
Get the Look:
1. To prep the skin, Tricia used Orlane’s Absolute Skin Recovery Anti-Fatigue Masque. Afterwards, she applied Anti-Fatigue Absolute Radiance Cream all over the face. “I love this cream because it helps to retain moisture for long periods of time and Robin has a long night ahead of her so it’s perfect!”
2. Next, Tricia applied Orlane’s Absolute Skin Recovery Smoothing Foundation in Shade 20 with the Antonym Foundation Brush and spot concealed. To set the foundation, she dusted Orlane’s Poudre Libre all over the face.
3. To highlight and attract light for photography, Tricia applied a shine stick to Robin’s cheekbones, cupid’s bow, and the center of her nose. Then, she used a Dior coral blush on the apples of her cheeks and theOrlane Bronzer under her cheekbones and alone the jawline for more dimension.
4. For Robin’s eyes, Tricia applied Antonym’s Certified Natural Eyeliner in Noir along the inside of the eyes and on the outer rim. She smudged it out with a small eye shadow brush and then used a customized eye shadow palette for a nude look. After applying a strip of lashes, she used Orlane’s Volume Care Mascara on the lashes.
5. To give her lips a nice color, Tricia used Dior Addict’s Gloss in #343.
6. For her arms, Tricia used Orlane’s Refining Arm Cream to moisturize and then applied the Orlane Bronzer to give a bronzey look.
[Image: Getty Images]