Alterna Haircare, led by Global Creative Director Michael Shaun Corby, is the official hair sponsor of Project Runway All Stars Season 3. Each week, the team of Alterna stylists will transform the models’ hair helping to complete the designers look. Learn how to create this week's winning style, the Fringe Fauxhawk!
GET THE LOOK:
· Shampoo with Bamboo Smooth Anti-Frizz Shampoo and follow with Bamboo Smooth Anti-Frizz Conditioner.
· Apply Bamboo Volume Weightless Whipped Mousse scalp through ends.
· Blow dry using a large round boar bristle brush. Use high heat, low air flow.
· Once hair is dry and smooth apply Bamboo Style Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo in your choice of Mango Coconut or Sheer Blossom to the mid-lengths and ends for extra texture and grip.
· Using a soft boar bristle finishing brush, bring all the hair back and up to the middle of the head, right below the occipital bone and slightly off center.
· Gather into your hand and secure using an elastic hair band creating a ponytail.
· Lightly mist the sides with Bamboo Smooth Anti-Humidity Hairspray and smooth over with the palm of your hands to make sure there are no flyaways.
· Twist the ponytail up the head, over the crown and through the top creating a French Twist Mohawk.
· Tuck the remaining ends in and secure with bobby pins.
· Secure final look using Bamboo Smooth Anti-Humidity Hairspray.
[Images courtesy of Alison Brod Public Relations]