At the 2013 ALMA Awards, Ana Ortiz's soft, glowing makeup was inspired by her dress. Makeup artist Shiyena noted when she first saw Ana's dress, "it reminded me of an urban goddess.” She based the look on this inspiration and created a warm, glowing goddess look that the soft curls framing Ana's face. “The whole look is very ethereal," said Shiyena.
the orbital bone, inner corners of the eyes, and right underneath the bottom lash line
2. Using the Palette Play Eyeshadow Quad in Copper, sweep the shade Linen over the entire eyelid and up to the brow bone. Apply shade the Gilt to the eyelid and up to the crease.
3. To create an almond/cat-eye shape, apply shade Copper Suede in a V shape in the outer corner of the eyes and right up into the crease, but only a third of the way toward the inner corner. Take the shade Indigo with an angled brush and line the upper lash line and wing it out at the outer corner.
4. Gently line the upper lash line with Le Joli Crayon in Charbon and smudge it out with the end of the pencil. Line the lower lash line with Le Joli Crayon in Aubergine for a softer look and smudge it out. Go back over both the Charbon and Aubergine with Copper Suede from the eyeshadow quad to soften the lines further.
5. Apply multiple coats of Eiffel Power Mascara for a voluminous look. Shiyena really loves this mascara “because you can use it for a very natural look with just one coat, but then if you apply numerous coats it builds up beautifully and doesn’t clump at all! It really separates the lashes while building, which is great.”
10. “Since Ana already has gorgeous thick eyebrows, there wasn’t much that needed to be done. Using the Arch de Triumphe in Warm and Dark Brown, I just filled them in lightly for a more polished look.”
Keep reading to learn how to get Ana's face and lip looks!
1. Apply a mixture of Votre Vu’s Love Me Deux in Paris and Provence all over the face and down the neck with a sponge and then work it in with the fingers. Go back and apply extra tinted moisturizer wherever you desire more coverage.
2. Apply the concealer from the Love Me Deux on the bridge of the nose, the center of the forehead, and a bit on the chin as a subtle highlighter.
3. On the cheeks, apply the Vu-On Rouge in Bouquet Rose with a brush to place the product, then blend it out with the fingers, primarily concentrating on the cheeks.
4. Using a kabuki brush, dust Belle Poudre in Golden Medium on cheeks for a satiny finish. To make the blush pop a bit more and give that ethereal feel, use Beauté en Bronze Blush, which has a hint of shimmer.
5. Lightly contour all over the face with Beauté en Bronze bronzer concentrating on the places where the sun would normally hit; the forehead, cheek bones, tip of the nose, and chest.
1. To keep the look goddess-like, keep the lips neutral. Line the entire lip with Drawmatic Lip Liner in Naked then top it with Lip Lustre in Demure for delicious looking lips. “The Naked lip liner is a beautiful color and so universal, it was perfect to use.”