Lead stylist Duffy for Oribe Hair Care created a young and effortless look for Custo Barcelona’s Spring/Summer 2014 show. Custo Barcelona sent models down the runway in their signature style, bold and colorful prints, but with a tribal flair and in a pastel color palette.
“This collection is very wearable, so I wanted to create a hair look that is relatable but with a little edge,” said Duffy, who created a highly texturized bun with a twist for the show. “There are also elements of ‘90s grunge in this look, which is all about texture.”
Read on for a breakdown on how to get the look!
Get the Look:
1. Prep the hair with Volumista and blow dry while tousling tresses with your hands—do not use a brush.
2. Spray Dry throughout the hair for texture.
3. Pull the hair into a ponytail at the occipital bone.
4. Brush out the ponytail and rough up the top with your fingers.
5. Knot the ponytail as you would a pair of shoelaces three times.
6. Spray Maximista at the hairline and then smooth it back with a brush.
[Photos Courtesy of Oribe]