The tousled trend is taking Spring 2014 runways by storm. It seems as though the less you care, the prettier the hair and that effortless beauty is definitely in.
John Barrett created a messy side braid with loose face framing strands for the 2014 Holmes & Yang presentation that accentuated the wearable, classic styles from the designers.
GET THE LOOK: Tousled texture with loose face-framing strands, evoke your client's adventurous nature.
· Prep hair with Alterna Haircare Caviar CC Cream by applying a quarter size amount throughout sections of your hair.
· Follow with Alterna Haircare Bamboo Style Cleanse Extend Translucent Dry Shampoo (note: two new scents launching in October – Mango Coconut [Katie Holmes’ favorite] and Sheer Blossom) by spraying a liberal amount throughout the scalp. Use this technique to add texture to your hair and create a starting base. For extra wavy texture, spray Alterna Haircare Bamboo Style Boho Waves Spray from the mid-section of hair towards the ends.
· Next, spray Alterna Haircare Bamboo Uplifting Root Blast at the roots while sectioning hair and using a blow dryer aiming towards the scalp to hold the lift. Then, wrap one inch sections around 11/2 curling iron and hold for 15 seconds.
· When done curling the entire head, shake up the curls with your fingers. The messier the better. Scrunch with Alterna Haircare Bamboo Style Boho Waves Spray.
· Push hair to deep side part then start French braiding hair from nape of neck twisting and adding sections to the braid until you reach the opposite ear and secure with a clear elastic. Twist and tuck the braid underneath by pinning into place with bobby pins.
[Image courtesy of Alison Brod Public Relations]