The wet look seen on the fall 2013 runways – textured at Alberta Ferretti, waved at Oscar de la Renta and slicked at Roberto Cavalli is now hitting newsstands for consumers to embrace. The Dior and Prada fall ad campaigns are leading the way.
“The new oils on the market are great for creating this type of look because they add a nice pliable texture and super gloss,” says Sam Villa, Founding Partner of the Sam Villa® brand and Education Artistic Director for Redken 5th Avenue. Get the look:
· Smooth wet, towel dried hair with the Sam Villa Signature Series Styling Brush
· Rub Redken water wax 03 shine defining pomade into hands to warm and distribute evenly trough out hair.
· Brush back and let dry.
· For added gloss, layer with Redken All Soft Argan-6 Oil to enhance wet look.
· For added control, finish with Redken shine flash 02 glistening mist.
· Dry hair as usual to about 75% dry with the E-T.C. Light Professional Ionic Hair Dryer exclusively for Sam Villa
· Warm Redken tousle whip 04 soft texturizing cream-wax in hands and distribute evenly (twisting, scrunching, raking) to create texture, definition and a matte-satin finish.
[Image: Jennifer Graylock/Getty Images Entertainment]