When Claire Danes was to be on August's cover of Vogue, Oribe was lucky enough to have the opportunity to perfectly style not only her luscious locks, but also the hair of her rugged Homeland costar Damian Lewis. To go along with the HBO show, Oribe didn’t want to stray too far from the low-maintenance vibe of Claire's character. “It’s clean, easy, All-American hair with a bit of sex appeal,” Oribe said. “It’s very Claire Danes.”
Get the Look: Claire Danes
1. Spray Thick Dry Finishing Spray in wet hair and blow dry with a round brush.
2. For added volume, let hair set in Velcro rollers, then brush through.
3. Use a small amount of Dry Texturizing Spray at the roots for natural-looking lift. If you want to create more movement, use a large curling iron to add some bend.
4. Spray Soft Dry Conditioner Spray throughout the hair. “This keeps the volume and texture, but adds a softness and youngness to her locks,” Oribe explained.
Oribe also gave costar Damian Lewis an effortless style for the shoot. “I’m such a fan of the show, and it was a real pleasure to work with Claire and Damian together,” he said. “They’re both fantastic.”
Get the Look: Damian Lewis
1. Spray Soft into dry hair to add softness and a little texture without lift. “This is an amazing product for men’s hair,” Oribe said.
2. Work Fiber Groom Elastic Texture Paste through your hands then run your fingers through the hair to add airy definition.
[Images: Vogue, Oribe]