The Side Part was one of the biggest hair trends during Spring 2013 NYFW and Eufora Global Educator and Stylist, Jeffrey Mayo, is giving his insider tips on how to get your most flattering side part with 4 easy steps. All it involves is a mirror, a piece of paper, a comb and a couple of styling products.
From sleek and long, to short and wavy, the side part will be the perfect way show off anyone’s good side. Mayo explains that he “loves the side part because it's a nod to the androgynous, so less volume is better.” He recommends starting with Beautifying Elixirs Moisture Intense Shampoo and Conditioner since it contains a tri sugar complex that delivers moisture deep into the hair shaft, making hair soft, smooth and healthy so it’s resilient to breakage. Then, spritz Beautifying Elixirs Leave-In Repair Treatment to towel dried hair. This treatment contains all-natural oils such as Kukui Nut, Neem, Argan and Cranberry to help deliver ultimate shine and frizz control.
After drying hair, Mayo suggests these 4 steps to find your ideal side part:
1. Everyone has a strong side and a weak side of their face. To find it, look in the mirror and hold up a piece of printer paper to one side of the face.
2. Now, move the paper to the opposite side and notice the features on that side as well. Move the paper back and forth between the two sides of the face until the slight differences between the symmetry of the features are noticeable.
3. The side that has more features turned in the upward direction is the stronger side of the face. This is the side that should be kept exposed when deciding on a hairstyle, meaning the heavier side of the part should always go against the weaker side of the face.
4. Once the side is chosen, to make a perfect side part, try combing from the outside corner of the eye in the front, to the middle center in the back to ensure symmetry in the hairstyle.
5. To finish the look, Mayo suggests using Beautifying Elixirs Control Crème to hold down flyaways without any stiff or sticky product feel. This unique styling product utilizes a plant derived fixative and is lightweight, pliable and provides truly innovative “invisible” styling and frizz control.
[Image: Digital Vision/Thinkstock]
New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013 Collections: Timo Weiland | Gemma Kahng | Monique Lhuillier | Christian Siriano | Rebecca Taylor | Band of Outsiders | Suno | Houghton | Charlotte Ronson | Monika Chiang | Tadashi Shoji | Costello Tagliapietra | Honor | DKNY | Erin Fetherston | Peter Som