Nicole Kidman at the 85th Academy Awards
Hair by celebrity stylist Mara Roszak for Moroccanoil
“Nicole’s look was very glamorous, and I wanted to go with a textured updo that was a bit tousled,” said Mara Roszak. Hair was parted in the middle, with a loose chignon pulled to one side and pieces falling forward to frame the face.
1. "I first applied a bit of Moroccanoil Treatment Light for shine and smoothness, starting at the ends."
2. "I scrunched in a bit of Moroccanoil Curl Control Mousse, worked it through the roots, and blow-dried her hair using a small round brush to hold in body and texture."
3. "To define the texture and highlight movement and wave, I touched the hair up on the sides and top with a 1” curling iron, taking random sections so that the waves were not too perfect and looked more natural. "
4. "Next, I loosely gathered and pulled hair to the side, twisted it and created a loose bun shape, adding bobby pins as I went to hold it in place. "
5. "Once the bun was made, I sprayed on Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium, mostly on the bun, and let certain pieces fall out in front of the ear and toward the face, then lightly sprayed the entire look."
[Image: Steve Granitz/Getty]
More Oscars 2013: Short Hairstyles at the Oscars | Beards at the 2013 Oscars | Jennifer Lawrence | Helena Bonham Carter | Kerry Washington | Renee Zellweger | Jessica Chastain | Zoe Saldana | Charlize Theron | Amy Adams | Mena Suvari | Leslie Mann | Isla Fisher | Anne Hathaway