Redken Creative Consultant Guido played what he called a “supporting actor role” at the fantasy-like Marc Jacobs Fall/Winter 2012 show, creating a style that would work under the designers’ Dr. Seuss - like hats. These two braided buns are a perfect style for wearing with a hat and will stay in place and stay chic if you’re taking it on and off.
“Fashion shows are almost always a bit like a dream, and at Marc Jacobs today we're certainly creating a character. She's a little Tim Burton-esque, innocently dark. Since all the models are wearing these amazing, huge hats, so we needed a style that fit the character and complimented the hats. We also created a "veil" of hair lightly covering the front of the models' face, so it moves with them as they walk down the runway,” explains Guido.
Create the Look:
- On clean hair, pull out the first thin layer of hair from the forehead and pull over the face so it creates a veil.
- Create a clean center part from the forehead to the nape of the neck.
- Pull the hair into low side ponytails (under the ear) and secure with an elastic.
- Braid each pigtail and wrap around into a knot, secure with pins.
- Finish with Forceful 23 super-strength finishing spray to secure the knots.
[Images courtesy of Redken]
Other Backstage Beauty Articles: Erickson Beamon | Alice + Olivia | Jill Stuart | Lauren Moffatt | Rag + Bone | Peter Som Fall | Katie Gallagher | Rachel Roy | Christian Siriano | Derek Lam and Diane Von Furstenberg | Richard Chai | Houghton | Tadashi Shoji