Hairstylist Molly Romano recently helped her client go from bland box color to this gorgeous, vibrant teal. After putting her client on a hair-strengthening regimen for 3 weeks, Molly was able to correct the color and give her guest a brand new look. Below, Molly shares the steps she took to create this stunning, peacock green hair color.
Get the Look:
Says Molly, "This young girl came in with layers of harsh, red, box color on her hair; she wanted to go to teal. I did a clarifying treatment on her, haircut and a strand test, and it seemed okay, but was NOT lifting. I knew I needed more time to devote to this project, so we booked her for 3 weeks later and recommended that she use Schwarzkopf Fibre Force Shampoo and Conditioner to strengthen her hair before we did the corrective color.
- "We first used Malibu CPR to remove the box color. This resulted in a much lighter color, but orange.
- "We used PRAVANA Color Remover resulting in a light yellow tone.
- "I mixed up Schwarzkopf Igora Vario Blond with 30 vol. and Olaplex. I applied using a balayage technique to avoid touching the scalp so we could get a 'rooty' look. Rinsed and dried.
- "We applied Schwarzkopf Metallics 4-29 and 6-32 with 10 vol. for the roots to have a dark, metallic, 'rooty' look, and applied Blue Joico below the roots and feathered in a few pieces to the ends. The rest of the hair was Joico Peacock Green and a dash of Blue.
- "We rinsed, then applied Olaplex Part 2 and let sit for 20 minutes. [I then] shampooed, conditioned, and styled. The client was extremely happy with the result!"
For more from Molly, follow her on Instagram @belladonnabymollyromano.
[Images courtesy of Molly Romano]