Actress Katie Holmes walked the red carpet looking stunning at the NYC premiere of her new film, Touched With Fire. Celebrity stylist DJ Quintero for Alterna Haircare decided to create a hairstyle that contrasted with Katie's silky, navy blue, Zac Posen dress, while showing off the intricate back. Together, they settled on a chic, low bun with tons of shine and polish.
Recreate this elegant, evening-ready look in the salon with the how-to below!
Get the Look:
- Spritz Alterna Caviar Volume Miracle Multiplying Mist throughout damp hair and work throughout.
- Blow out hair from the root, away from the face, towards the back of the head.
- Create a center part and layer Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist at the roots and hairline, slicking back into hair so it’s sleek and stays close to the head.
- Pull hair back into a ponytail, then wrap into a low bun, leaving a half-inch-thick strand in the ponytail but out of the bun. Wrap this strand around the base of the bun to hide the hair band. Gently tease and loosen the hair in the bun to give it texture and volume.
- Lightly mist hair all over with Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Working Hairspray to set.