Celebrity hairstylist Bridget Brager and makeup artist Patrick Ta worked with Jenna Dewan Tatum for The A List 15th Anniversary Party on Tuesday, September 1st in Beverly Hills, CA. Says Brager, "Jenna’s red dress and hot red lip were meant for a cool and simple textured hairstyle to keep the finished look young and fresh."
Get the Look: Hair
1. Says Brager, “I prepped Jenna’s hair using R+Co Rockaway Salt Spray directly on the roots on the top of the head only.
2. "Next, I used a diffuser to bring out her natural texture and wave. After her hair was dry, I used a T3 Whirl Trio Interchangeable Styling Wand for the waves.
3. "Using the largest barrel, I picked up 1-inch sections of hair around her face and randomly throughout the hair, and lightly bent back. To finish, I used Bumble & Bumble Dry Spun Finishing Spray for texture and volume."
For Jenna's makeup look, Ta went for a matchy-matchy vibe. "Jenna loves color, and it loves her," he says. "I always have so much fun doing Jenna for red carpets because I always wonder what color she’ll wear next! For the A List event, she wore a red cocktail dress, so obviously we had to do a red lip to tie the look together. Also, red is Jenna’s favorite lip color to wear."
Get the Look: Makeup
1. Says Ta, "Armani Designer Lift was my foundation of choice for this look. To conceal, brighten and highlight under the eyes, I use Chanel Color Correction Concealer, also one of my all-time favorites. To contour, I used Armani Liquid Shimmer Bronzer. I finished her off with La Mer 01 Translucent Powder and a powder highlighter from Becca Cosmetics on the high points of her cheekbones.
2. "Doing a bold lip usually calls for a lighter eye, so I just used brown tones, starting with Anastasia Eyeshadow in Fawn in the crease and a darker matte brown in the outer crease. Next, I curled her lashes and applied two coats of mascara for fullness and topped off with Ardell Individual Lashes.
3. "My choice of red tonight was Kat Von D Liquid Matte Lipstick in Outlaw!"
[Image: Getty Images/Stefanie Keenan]