PRAVANA Artistic Color Director Vadre Grigsby used new VIVIDS Black to create this layered, multi-dimensional hair color, dubbed "Smokestack." To create the look, Grigsby incorporated parallel panels, starting at the nape and moved up, gradually lightening the colors from dark at the bottom to lighter near the face. The end result is a stunning mix of shadowy violet and muted lavender. Recreate the gorgeous look with the tutorial video and step-by-step instructions, below!
Get the Look:
1. Pre-lighten the hair to a level 10 using Pure Light Power Lightener and choice of developer.
2. Shampoo, condition and dry the hair completely.
3. Mix the following formulas:
- a. Formula 1: 56g PASTELS Pretty in Pink + 16g VIVIDS Magenta + 72g VIVIDS Silver + 30g VIVIDS Black
- b. Formula 2: 100g PASTELS Pretty in Pink + 1g VIVIDS Violet + 3g VIVIDS Black
- c. Formula 3: 20g PASTELS Blissful Blue + 28g PASTEL Luscious Lavender + 16g PASTEL Pretty in Pink + 4 drops of VIVIDS Black + 2 drops VIVIDS Violet
- d. Formula 4: 60g PASTELS Luscious Lavender + 8g VIVIDS Pink + 4 drops VIVIDS Violet + 2g VIVIDS Black
- e. Formula 5: 100g PASTELS Luscious Lavender + 5g VIVIDS Black
- f. Formula 6: PASTELS Luscious Lavender
4. Starting in the back, part out a triangular section from the bottom of the ears to the occipital bone. Apply Formula 1 to this section from roots to ends.
5. Moving up the head, take another section about 2” wide following the previous triangular parting. Apply Formula 2 to this section from roots to ends.
6. Continue working up the head in this way, creating 2” wide sections following the previous triangular parting and rotating off the ears like the hands of a clock. Apply the remaining formulas in consecutive order, finishing with Formula 6 at the front hairline.
7. Process at room temperature 20-30 minutes.
8. Shampoo, condition, and protect with VIVIDS Color Protect after care products. Style as desired.