Ombre hair has become a staple style, that is now being taken to new heights among celebs like Demi Lovato. A star known for constantly changing up her look, has dyed her hair what PRAVANA calls their signature “Urban Ombre.” PRAVANA ChromaSilk VIVIDS VIOLET and SILVER take ombre to the next level, creating a one-of-a-kind, gorgeous style that stuns. With lavender being so hot right now and silver, mink hues being the next color trend, Demi nailed it with this look.
HOW TO GET THE LOOK:
Roots to mid-shaft: ChromaSilk VIVIDS Violet
Ends: ChromaSilk VIVIDS Silver
- Mix Pure Light Power Lightener with chosen ChromaSilk Creme Developer and pre-lighten hair to desired level. For our model we pre-lightened at a level 7 from the roots to mid-shaft, and a level 9-10 towards the ends.
- Section hair into quadrants.
- Create the ChromaSilk VIVIDS mixture of the lightest color. This will be the color at the tips of the hair.
- Begin in the back and apply the lightest mixture from the mid-length of the hair to the ends. Deciding where the colors blend is an artistic preference, but the lightest color should be applied through the area you want the blending to begin.
- Create your darker ChromaSilk VIVIDS mixture. This will be the color applied from the roots to mid-shaft.
- Start applying the darker mixture from the roots to the previously applied lighter mixture.
- Once the darker mixtures is applied, use your fingers to work the darker color through the lighter color to create a blended effect. The amount of hair that is created by the blending of the two colors is up to you and will typically depend on the length of the hair.
Note: It is important to have a clean towel on hand to clean your hands between each section to avoid unintended transfer of color.
- Process at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water. Shampoo lightly and conditioner with VIVIDS Color Protect.
[Demi Lovato image: Instagram; How-to Images courtesy of Pierce Mattie Communications]