Hair stylist Laura Heyns from Urban Betty Salon in Austin, Texas helped her client transition from a pink-toned ombre to a gorgeous, bombshell blonde. Here, she provides her steps for creating the look, as well as tips for transitioning from dark to light.
1. Applied MILK leave-in conditioner from roots to ends.
2. Applied Schwarzkopf Blondme and 30v from roots to ends on previously colored dark hair, and Schwarzkopf 7v on pre-lightened pink hair.
3. Left on for 30 minutes without heat.
4. Toned with Wella Illumina 9/60+10/1 (equal parts) for 10 min.
Second Application (2 weeks later):
1. Applied MILK from roots to ends.
2. Applied Schwarzkopf Blondme with 7v without heat for 25 minutes.
3. Toned Wella Illumina 10/69 glossing service.
Tips: Make sure to use MILK to even out the porosity and protect the hair prior to the lightening service. In addition, be sure that the client is aware that it will take a couple of visits, spaced 2 weeks apart, to ensure the hair's integrity.
[Image courtesy of Chelle Morrison]