Beauty Collection stylist Mark La Rocco shares his tips for achieving Selena Gomez's hair from the premiere of Spring Breakers at SXSW 2013.
- Start by blow drying hair with a paddle brush turned upside down and use a thickening product at the roots of the crown. Don't use it all over the head, as that will create intense volume and this is a sleeker look. I like Bumble and Bumble Full Form Mousse.
- Next, part the hair on one side and all the way toward the crown, so hair lays heavily on one side.
- Divide the hair into 2 inch sections, using a 1 ¼ inch Hot Tools curling iron to curl the hair forward. After curling pin the curls and let them cool.
- After you’ve curled all the hair, mist with a finishing spray like Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray. It has shine and hold.
- Remove the clips and run your fingers through the hair for that flawless retro look.
[Image: Michael Buckner/Getty Images Entertainment]