2020 Beauty Launchpad Readers Choice Awards Giveaway
Creative Age Communications, Inc. ("Sponsor") is sponsoring this 2020 BEAUTY LAUNCHPAD READERS CHOICE AWARDS GIVEAWAY ("Sweepstakes"), which is governed by the following Official Rules.
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY IN ORDER TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. All Sweepstakes are void where prohibited by law and subject to all local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations. Other restrictions may apply.
3. ELIGIBILITY. Participation is open to legal residents of the United States, including the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry and are cosmetologists, hair stylists, barbers, salon/spa owners and managers, lash and brow stylists, makeup artists, estheticians, nail salon owners, nail technicians and beauty store owners. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Employees and their immediate family members (parents, siblings, children and spouse, and persons residing in the same household whether related or not) of the Sponsor, and of their affiliates and their advertising, promotional or other agents, and of all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, are not eligible to enter or win. Any entry that does not comply with such requirements will be disqualified and not eligible for inclusion in the Sweepstakes. Entries must be completed between 12:00 AM PDT on June 22, 2020 and 11:59 PM PDT on July 13, 2020. Mail-in entries must have postmark date of not later than July 13, 2020 and must be received by the Sponsor by not later than July 20, 2020.
4. LIMITS ON ENTRIES. An individual will participate in the Sweepstakes, as explained further below, one (1) time for providing their first and last name, and email address. LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON IN THE SWEEPSTAKES (i.e., you may enter this sweepstakes drawing and may do so only one time).
5. START/END DATES. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 AM PDT on June 22, 2020 and ends at 11:59 PM PDT on July 13, 2020.
6. HOW TO ENTER. Vote for your favorite beauty products online at www.beautylaunchpad.com/vote-for-the-2020-beauty-launchpad-readers-choice-awards. To vote and enter the Sweepstakes by mail, please complete the form, print and mail it to Creative Age Communications, Inc., Attn: Launchpad Editorial Dept., 7628 Densmore Ave., Van Nuys, CA 91406-2042. Entrants names will be entered in a random drawing. Late entries are null and void. By entering, all Entrants hereby agree to abide by these Official Rules. SPONSOR'S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, DO NOT ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
7. HOW TO WIN. For the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor will select five (5) winners in accordance with Paragraph 8, below, from among all eligible entries in a random drawing to be held no later than December 5, 2020. Notification to potential winners will be handled in accordance with Paragraph 10, below. The 2020 Beauty Launchpad Readers Choice Awards winning beauty products will be revealed on December 1, 2020. The 2020 Readers Choice Awards will be published in the Beauty Launchpad December 2020 issue.
8. PRIZE. The prize awarded in this Sweepstakes is as follows:
a. Five (5) winners will be selected to win a selection of the 2020 Beauty Launchpad Readers Choice Awards winning beauty products. The approximate retail value (“APR”) of each prize will be up to $100, but will not be known until December 5, 2020.
Each prize may not be transferred or exchanged for cash. The announced prize will be awarded. In the case of unavailability of any prize, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The Sponsor is responsible for mailing the prize to the winners. The winners of the Sweepstakes need to provide the sponsor with their mail address.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE RESPECTIVE WINNER. Any difference between the stated estimated value of the prize and the actual value will not be awarded. Each winner agrees to accept the prize “as is.” The prize is nonrefundable and nontransferable. The Sponsor is not required to (but may, in their sole discretion) offer a substitution, or an alternative to a prize awarded under this Sweepstakes.
9. CONSUMER DISCLOSURE. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received in the Sweepstakes.
10. NOTIFICATION. The winners of the Sweepstakes will be notified by email by December 5, 2020. If a winner is unreachable after seven (7) days, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected. For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope after December 31, 2020 to Creative Age Communications, Inc., Attn: Launchpad Editorial Dept., 7628 Densmore Ave., Van Nuys, CA 91406-2042. To receive the prize, the winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release confirming eligibility and compliance with the Sweepstakes rules.
11. GENERAL RULES. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, and further specifically agree as follows: the Sponsor, and their respective agents, licensees, successors and assigns, shall have the right, without compensation, to use the first and last name, email address, and other information provided by all entrants for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes, and the right to use the name, voice, image, likeness and biographical data of all winners for publicity, advertising and promotional purposes; and entrant waives, releases and holds harmless Creative Age Communications, Inc., and their agents, licensees, successors and assigns from and against any liability of any kind resulting from or relating to the Sweepstakes, the prize and/or any such advertising, publicity and promotion.
Entrants acknowledge, understand, and agree that each of them assumes liability for, and all risks of, any and all injuries (including without limitation, personal injury or death) or damages caused, or claimed to be caused, by participating in the Sweepstakes and receiving and/or using any prizes thereof, and that Entrants, their heirs, next of kin, spouse, guardians, legal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby unconditionally and irrevocably release, indemnify, forever discharge and hold Creative Age Communications, Inc., and their respective agents, licensees, successors and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, liens, agreements, suits, costs, attorneys’ fees, damages, judgments, orders, and liabilities of whatever kind or nature in law, equity or otherwise, whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, and whether or not concealed or hidden, inclusive of any claims for damage to property, personal injury, illness, mental illness, or death, or claims based on defamation, rights of privacy, intellectual property rights, and rights of publicity, in any way arising directly or indirectly out of the Entrants’ participation in the Sweepstakes and/or prize.
Entrants hereby waive application of California Civil Code Section 1542 which provides as follows:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Entrants expressly waive the provisions of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code as well as any other statutes, rules, laws, ordinances, or common law principles or other authority of similar effect of any jurisdiction, and further waive any right to invoke said provisions now or in the future with regard to the Sweepstakes. Entrants and the winners further acknowledge and agree that this waiver is an essential and material term of these Official Rules and the Sweepstakes.
12. MISCELLANEOUS CONDITIONS. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PRE-EMPTED BY FEDERAL OR OTHER APPLICABLE STATE LAW, THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CONFLICT OF LAW PROVISIONS THEREOF. ENTRANTS UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ALL CLAIMS, DISPUTES OR CONTROVERSIES BETWEEN ENTRANT AND THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES SHALL BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION IN THE COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES, STATE OF CALIFORNIA. BY ENTERING, ENTRANTS VOLUNTARILY AND KNOWINGLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT THEY HAVE TO A JURY TRIAL. THIS ARBITRATION CONTRACT IS MADE PURSUANT TO A TRANSACTION IN INTERSTATE COMMERCE AND ITS INTERPRETATION, APPLICATION, ENFORCEMENT AND PROCEEDINGS HEREUNDER SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT ("FAA"), AND SUCH PROCEEDINGS SHALL BE CONDUCTED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC. ("JAMS"), IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROCEDURAL RULES FOR COMMERCIAL DISPUTES SET FORTH IN THE COMPREHENSIVE ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OF JAMS. THE TRIBUNAL WILL CONSIST OF ONE ARBITRATOR. THE PREVAILING PARTY SHALL BE ENTITLED TO AN AWARD OF ITS REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES AND ACTUAL COSTS INCURRED IN SUCH ACTION. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE BOUND TO APPLY AND ENFORCE THE TERMS OF THE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE ARBITRATOR'S DECISION WILL BE FINAL, BINDING, AND ENFORCEABLE IN A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION. NEITHER ENTRANT NOR SPONSOR SHALL BE ENTITLED TO JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS IN ARBITRATION BY OR AGAINST OTHER CONSUMERS OR ARBITRATE ANY CLAIM AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR MEMBER OF A CLASS.
13. OFFICIAL RULES. During the Sweepstakes Period, Official Rules requests may be sent to Creative Age Communications, Inc., Attn: Launchpad Editorial Dept., 7628 Densmore Ave., Van Nuys, CA 91406-2042. Rules requests must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Residents of VT may omit return postage for rules requests.
14. SPONSOR. Sweepstakes are sponsored and administered solely by the Sponsor, who is solely responsible and liable for the Sweepstakes that they sponsor. The following is the address of the Sponsor:
Creative Age Communications, Inc., 7628 Densmore Ave., Van Nuys, CA 91406-2042
15. DISCLAIMER. The Sponsor disclaims any responsibility or liability for late, lost, illegible or stolen entries; or computer system, telephone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions; or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmission, network connections, or postal delivery, whether human or technical in nature.
16. QUESTIONS. For questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact us at email@example.com.