Submissions are now open for PRAVANA's 2016 Show Us Your VIVIDS Contest, the annual hair coloring competition aimed at showcasing stylists' brightest, most head-turning creations. Beginning May 1, students and stylists are invited to enter for a chance to win an editorial-style photo shoot in Los Angeles, a feature in a national magazine, PRAVANA products and more!
This year, PRAVANA is adding even more exciting prizes to the first place winner’s package - to be announced throughout the duration of the contest. In addition to PRAVANA’s current collection of VIVIDS, PASTELS, NEONS and Locked-In hair colors, participants can also incorporate the three all-new VIVIDS Jewels shades that hit the market this May for even greater creative opportunities. Submissions will be accepted through June 30 and winners will be announced July 15 through PRAVANA’s social media outlets, website, e-mail blasts and more, reaching a combined community of over one million subscribers!
Erica Keelen, winner of the 2015 Show Us Your VIVIDS Contest, created her entry (pictured) using ChromaSilk Crème Hair Color and VIVIDS, drawing inspiration from Van Gogh’s famous masterpiece Starry Night. PRAVANA’s Artistic Color Director Vadre Grigsby noted that for Keelen’s technique, the “color combination required different levels of lift to achieve the vibrancy. The pre-VIVIDS application work was done perfectly.” Keelen’s creative color placement, polished styling and stunning overall effect embodied the spirit of the contest, bringing home her first place win. “This contest changed my career!” said Keelen. “My photos went viral and within two months, I had gained over 5,000 new followers on Instagram!” Her entry went on to be featured on PRAVANA’s website, brochures, social media and more. In addition, the imagery from her winning photo shoot is now featured in the new VIVIDS Jewels campaign. Her stunning color work has been shared by national beauty publications, both in print and online as well as via social media.
To enter, submit three photos of a live person showcasing your contest entry and one image example of inspiration used to conceptualize your entry. Entries must include a complete description of how the look and style was created along with formulas and a list of the products used. All products must be PRAVANA.
REQUIRED ENTRY MATERIALS
- (One) image of entry inspiration.
- (One) image of model before color application.
- (Two) stylized images of model after color application
- Paragraph detailing entry inspiration, description of products used, color technique and how style was achieved.
- Completed entry form fields.
Need help getting getting your entry together? Check out this video from PRAVANA here on how to enter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IenEhiKNS8&feature=youtu.be
- First prize: all-expense paid trip to PRAVANA’s headquarters in Los Angeles for an editorial-style photo shoot and a feature in a national magazine. The winner will also be featured on PRAVANA’s website, social media channels and email blasts and receive a PRAVANA Glam Kit filled with products of their choice, valued at $1,000. But it doesn’t stop there! More prize announcements will be made throughout the duration of the contest. Bonus prize: if the first place winning entry includes at least one ChromaSilk Crème Hair Color shade, the winner will receive an additional $500 of PRAVANA product in their Glam Kit. Total value of the winner’s prize is over $20,000!
- Second prize: deluxe PRAVANA Glam Kit valued at $1,000 and placement on PRAVANA’s website, social channels and email blasts.
- Third prize: PRAVANA Glam Kit valued at $500 and placement on PRAVANA’s website, social channels and email blasts.
- Facebook Fan Pick Winner: Submitted entries will be uploaded by PRAVANA to a contest album on the PRAVANA Facebook. The entry with the most "likes" on Facebook by June 30 at 11:59 p.m. PST will receive a Fan
- Glam Kit, valued at $500 as well as placement on PRAVANA’s website, social channels and email blasts.
Entries will be judged based on creativity, technique and overall impact. For full contest description, official rules and to submit your entry, please visit www.pravana.com.