Hair loss is never a fun topic to discuss with a client sitting in your chair, but the truth is that it’s more common among women than most would expect.
In fact, actress Alyssa Milano has been extremely transparent with her hair loss journey after recovering from Covid-19 in August 2020. In a recent tweet, Milano shared that Nioxin shampoo and conditioner, specifically those in the Nioxin System Kit 5, “helped tremendously” with her hair loss.
For those of your clients who may be experiencing Covid-related hair loss, or hair loss in general, two Nioxin top artists shared their recommendations for easing the situation.
Sofia Flores, Nioxin Top Artist
- Consume a healthy diet.
- Use Nioxin Hair Booster to strengthen the hair that is growing from the follicle.
- Reduce tension in the hair by straying away from right buns, braids or ponytails.
- Take Nioxin Recharging Complex.
- Use a specific Nioxin System Kit catered to your hair type to prevent hair loss.
Seamus McKernan, Nioxin Top Artist
- Make sure that you are taking a good vitamin regimen. Getting sick can knock the wind out of you and wreak havoc on your body, which can lead to hair loss. Nioxin Recharging Complex has all the ingredients to get you back on track.
- Switch it up. If you are experiencing hair loss, using a different cleansing routine can help to stem the loss greatly. I recommend Nioxin’s 3 Part System as a first step to anyone experiencing hair loss.
- Easy on the heat. Lots of clients feel the need to overstyle their hair to help hide hair loss, which can make it worse. Use a heat protector and limit your thermal tool use.
- Give your hair a treat. Using a treatment designed to boost density and volume can help to protect the hair you have while making it feel fuller. I recommend Nioxin Diamax Advanced.
- Go see a doctor. If your hair loss is concerning and you feel like you need that expert touch, I recommend seeing a dermatologist, trichologist or hairstylist who specializes in hair loss. There’s no shame in asking for extra help.