1. Flowers: Any time I’m traveling I try to find a botanical garden to visit and look for new flowers I’ve never seen before. There are so many different kinds of flowers with so many different kinds of colors from which I draw inspiration.
2. My Animals: I’ve always been a huge animal lover. My parents actually thought I was going to be a vet when I was growing up. I currently have two cats, Kyra and Olaf, and a bird named Remy. I love coming home to my animals after a day in the salon.
3. My Mom: My mom has always been my No. 1 supporter and I could never thank her enough for all that she has done for me. She’s someone I can call whenever I need to vent, and is always there when times are tough. She holds a special place in my heart and we will forever have an incredible bond. I love you, Mom.
4. Music: Growing up in Nashville, Tennessee, music has always been a huge part of my life; it’s a source I gravitate to when I need to relax. I can keep myself together in any situation as long as there’s music playing in the background.
5. My Team: Being part of an amazing color team [@Guy_Tang #MyDentity] has helped me grow in so many ways. We all have our specialties and we’re not afraid to pick each other’s brains to help one another. Even though we live far apart, I consider them family, and love them all so much.
Be sure to follow Joshua on Instagram!
– As told to Alyson Osterman-Kerr
[Images: Courtesy of Joshua Boynton]