1. Family: My wife Mary and my two sons, Ty and Ross, are my driving force— they give unconditional love and support.
2. Architecture: My favorite type of architecture is mid-century modern (made prominent from the 1930s through the 1960s) because of its clean lines.
3. Photography: I’ve worked with some of the very best photographers, and watching them work and seeing the results they achieve is amazing; it's something I would love to personally explore more in the future.
4. Cars: There’s something about the lines and overall design of cars that I find very interesting. I also appreciate how the auto industry is always evolving.
5. Street Art: I absolutely love the rawness of graffiti. When I view street art, I actually feel the artist’s energy and am inspired by the awesome illustrations and colors.
6. Cosmetology Students: They’re so open and hungry to learn, and have a love for this industry that’s deeply profound.
7. Experimentation: I love playing with new ideas on mannequins. You can’t make a mistake; you can only learn!
– As told to Alyson Osterman-Kerr
[Images: Courtesy of Phillip Wilson; iStock; Bigstock]
This story first appeared in the October issue of Beauty Launchpad. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.