Courtesy of Getty Images
Carly Bethel, a celebrity hairstylist, styled Chelsea Freeman, Abby Smyers and Cassie Kelley for the 2021 Country Music Awards (CMAs).
Check out how Bethel accomplished all three looks!
Chelsea Freeman with a bouncy, high ponytail:
- Prep the hair with Oribe thickening spray and blow-dry smooth using the Dyson blowdryer and ghd round brush.
- Add JZ Styles hair extension clip-ins for fullness and extra length, then pull hair back into desired ponytail placement and secure with a bungee band.
- Create curls using the ghd 1.25” curling iron. Spray amika Intense Hold hair spray, and let the curls cool.
- Brush the ponytail curls out and spray with Moroccanoil texture spray.
- Finish by smoothing all flyaways with OUAI pomade.
Abby Smyers with side-swept flat iron waves:
- Create a deep side part and use Kérastase gel to comb the front hairline into place.
- Using the Moroccanoil styling iron, create a uniform wave.
- Secure the waves with amika Strong Hold hair spray.
- Spray Oribe Shine Spray for extra shine.
Cassie Kelley with a voluminous mid-ponytail:
- Smooth hair using the Dyson blowdryer and Ibiza round brush.
- Add JZ Styles clip-in hair extensions and pull hair into desired ponytail placement using a bungee band.
- Create curls using a ghd 1” curling iron.
- Spray Colo Wow flexible hairspray for hold.
- Wrap a small piece of hair around the ponytail band and secure with small bobby pins, then spray with strong-hold hairspray.
- Finish the look with Moroccanoil texture spray added to the pony.