Jenny Cho styled model/actress HoYeon Jung’s hair for the 2021 CFDA Fashion Awards.
The inspiration for the hairstyle came from Jung’s Louis Vuitton dress.
The hairstyle combined tight, doubled topknots with freely detailed strands, creating a sculptural effect at the back.
Get the Look:
“To re-create the look, it’s essential to prep hair with the right shampoo and conditioner as a foundation,” explains Cho. “I love the British M Kombucha Shampoo and British M Kombucha Hair Mask to add shine and softness that makes styling easy. After leaving the Kombucha Mask on for three to five minutes in the shower, detangle the strands very carefully with a brush like British M Flex Gentle Brush, and evenly distribute the treatment between every strand. Then, apply British M Annatto Hair Oil all over towel-dried hair, and mist on British M Sea Salt Spray to give slight grip and control. Blow-dry from the nape with the British M Hot Curling Ceramic Brush, not for volume but to smooth and control the hair away from the face in the direction of the high pony.”
- From the nape, take one-inch sections and apply a pea-size of British M Regent Classic Pomade section by section, working all the way to the front of the hairline.
- With a flat brush, gather the hair into a tight high pony, then secure it with an elastic tie.
- Split the pony into two sections, top and bottom. The top section gets twisted to the left and around to form a knot and pinned, leaving the ends out and free. The bottom half gets twisted to the right to create a knot and pinned, with the ends left out.
- Apply British M Annatto Hair Oil onto mid-shafts through the ends.
- Rub the pomade on a toothbrush for final touches and detail a free-floating sculptural effect on the ends.
- Finally, tuck away any unwanted flyaways and use British M Hard Tailor Spray for shine, hold and to lock in the look.