In addition to winning the Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Drama Motion Picture, Andra Day also rocked one of the evening’s best hair looks (in our opinion, anyway).
Styled by Schwarzkopf Professional sponsored stylist Tony Medina (@hisvintagetouch), Day wore a glamourous curly updo that effortlessly complemented her silk Chanel dress.
To achieve this look, Medina used OSiS+ from Schwarzkopf Professional.
- Medina prepared Day’s hair with the FIBRE CLINIX Hydrate system and used cool air to dry.
- Next, he sectioned the hairline one to two inches deep, then ran the flat iron over the perimeter one to two times to smooth the texture a bit, being cautious not to flatten the hair.
- Medina left the natural texture everywhere else and then snatched the hair back in a tight ponytail.
- He sculpted Day’s baby hairs and laid down the edges using OSIS+ SESSION LABEL CRYSTAL GEL. Next, he used OSiS+ SESSION LABEL SMOOTH STRONG HAIRSPRAY to clean up flyaways, followed by cool air to lock it in.
- He then added hairpieces to the bun to create an exaggerated voluminous effect.
- Medina finished the look by using a small curling iron to define the curls, finishing with OSIS+ CONCRETE to lock in the final look.