The fun and playful vibes of the 2021 MTV Movie + TV Awards were felt everywhere from the night’s big winners to the fashion-forward red carpet.
Hairstylists Guy Tang and Laura Polko incorporated the night’s excitement into the hairstyles of DJ Kim Lee and Charli D’Amelio, respectively.
Get the Look: Kim Lee
To achieve Lee’s rich purple locks, Tang performed the following with #mydentity @Guy_Tang products:
- Pre-lightened the hair with Magnum 8 Lightener + MyHero Collagen Powder.
- Treated with MyHero X System and Olaplex.
Then colored with the following formula:
- Rootage and Mids - Superpower Direct Dye formula - Crimson Spell + Blue Mystique.
- Ends - Superpower Direct Dye Crimson Spell.
Styling for MTV Movie Awards:
- Prep wet, clean hair with #MyQuickBlow before blow-drying.
- Once hair is dry, spray with #MyDefender to protect against hot tool, wave with 1.25-inch-long barrel curling iron.
- Finish with #MyPower and #MyStardust for smoothness and shine.
Get the Look: Charli D’Amelio
To achieve D’Amelio’s effortless-looking waves, Polko shared the following steps:
- Starting on wet hair, I used Aquage Mousse to get maximum volume.
- I then used my T3 Volume 2.5 Round Brush and T3 Fit Dryer to direct the hair up at the crown and set with velcro rollers for height.
- When drying the front sections, I directed forward for a face-framing effect, spraying all over with a light-hold hairspray.
- I then took larger sections around the top and used my T3 Curl ID iron to curl hair, directing away from the face. Waves will last all night with the T3 Curl ID.
- I finished with Aquage Dry Texture Spray.