At the 2021 Academy of Country Music Awards, country music’s leading ladies dressed to impress and rocked some seriously swoon-worthy hair and makeup looks.
From perfectly imperfect locks to romantic rose gold makeup, these are some of the top beauty looks of the night.
The songstress’ red carpet hair was styled by Kelsey Deenihan (@kdeenihan) with the help of #mydentity products. To achieve this effortless, undone look Dennihan provided the following steps:
- I began by rough-drying the hair to remove all moisture. You don’t have to be precious about the blow dry since we are going for an undone look and don't want it to look too polished.
- To add more texture, I used a flat iron to create bends in the hair, careful to keep the ends straight.
- I then used my #mydentity #MyStardust Shine spray to reduce flyaways without weighing down the hair—and it gives a grease-free shine finish.
- Then I swept the hair back into a low pony and wrapped it in a beautiful piece of satin that matched her dress.
- Finally, to lock everything into place, I finished with the #mydentity #MyControl spray.
“Maren’s bronzed makeup look was inspired by her rose gold LBV dress and 70s inspired hair. A simple yet sophisticated look was created using JOAH Beauty products and KISS MLBB Lashes in So Real added a touch of glamour to the ends of Maren’s lashes, “ explained Celebrity Makeup Artist Lorrie Turk (@lorrieturk).
To achieve this look, follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Apply Truly Yours Dark Circle Concealer—dab and blend under eyes to brighten the eye area.
- Follow by applying Perfect Complexion BB Cream in Vanilla with a damp sponge for a healthy skin finish.
- Crystal Glow Tinted Luminizer Stick in Warm Honey was applied under cheekbones and blended upwards for bronzy sculpted cheekbones with a subtle radiant finish.
- Lightly apply Blur-Fection Setting Powder under the eyes and down the center of the face to set makeup and eliminate any excess shine.
- Mix the two bronzers in the Sun & Seoul Chasing the Sun Eyeshadow and Bronzing Palette to add a bit of color.
- Apply Sun & Seoul Chasing the Sun Eyeshadow and Bronzing Palette eyeshadow in Bronzed with a damp synthetic sponge, followed by a light brushing of Sienna in the crease and slightly above the crease for a beautiful bronzed eye look.
- Use Make Her Gel-ous Gel Eyeliner in Brown on the lower and upper lash line.
- Define eyebrows with Brow Down to Me Precision Brow Pencil in Medium Brown.
- Finish the eye look by applying KISS MLBB Lashes with KISS LASH GLUEliner in Clear.
- Add TMI Velvet Lip Color on Walk of Shame to finish this bronzed look.
Tarryn Feldman (@tarrynfeldman) used a variety of Clairol products to get the singer ready for the night’s festivities.
To achieve this look, Feldman provided the following steps:
- A few days before the show, I toned her hair extensions with Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo to eliminate brassiness and match Gabby’s current color.
- On the day of the show, I gave Gabby a blowout and used Clairol Professional Leave-In Styling Treatment to enhance her hair color and give it a silky, shiny and healthy look due to the botanical extracts in the product.
- Then, I added some hair extensions, texture spray and dry shampoo to give the hair grit.
- Next, I sprayed Gabby’s hair with Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Thermal Shine Spray to protect from heat damage while providing an anti-frizz, touchable finish and then went in with a curling iron to add some texture to the hair.
- To create a semi-casual look, I pulled a few pieces in the front to frame her face and pulled the rest of her hair back in a low ponytail.
- Then, I twisted and teased the hair to pin it up in a semi-loose bun.
- To keep the movement in her hair, I did not lock it in with any hair spray. However, I sprayed more of the Shimmer Lights Thermal Shine Spray to give a nice shiny finish at the ends.