The 26th Critics’ Choice Awards was the latest installment of the 2021 award season in which celebrities showed off trending beauty looks both in-person and virtually.
From covetable manicures to simple and elegant hairstyles, these are just a few of the night’s best beauty moments.
1. Kaley Cuoco
To accompany her bedazzled blazer, Kaley Cuoco wore her locks in a sleek, simple updo created by celebrity hairstylist Marilee Albin (@hairbymarilee) with Phyto products.
Albin shared her step-by-step instructions to achieve this look:
- To get the hair ready, we prepped with the PhytoKeratine Repairing Mask.
- I followed the mask with PhytoProgenium Ultra-Gentle Detangling Leave-In Milk and PhytoSpecific Moisturizing Styling Cream.
- To begin styling, I did a straight smooth blowout.
- Section by section I added PhytoColor Shine Activating Care-Gel to smooth and create a shiny almost wet look and pulled into a low tight ponytail.
- To finalize the look, I separated the pony into three sections and knotted/twisted into one and pinned.
2. Andra Day
For Andra Day’s square nude manicure, celebrity manicurist Jolene Brodeur (@jolene.b.nails) used Kiss Products.
To achieve this look Brodeur suggests the following steps:
- Prep the nails by using alcohol on a cotton pad to make sure nails and cuticles are clean.
- Select the correct size in the KISS Gel Fantasy Nail in the style All About You for each finger and set aside in order.
- Apply glue, included in kit—or Brodeur’s favorite KISS Powerflex Max Speed Glue—to the back of KISS Gel Fantasy Nail and to the natural nail.
- Align with the cuticle, gently press on and hold for five seconds.
- After the nails set, add gold charms on top for as a finishing touch.
3. Maria Bakalova
Redken celebrity colorist Tracey Cunningham (@traceycunningham1) created a sun-kissed blonde for Maria Bakalova.
Cunningham shared, “Maria is such a natural beauty and would look gorgeous with any hair color. We went for a sun-kissed blonde and created a bit of a root. This look is very chic and grows out nicely, which is a must for an actress like Maria, who is always working, or anyone who might not be able to come into the salon as frequently. Case in point, we were not able to see each other for a touch up, since she’s on set, but her color still looks fabulous. I got her blonde to the perfect tone with Redken Shades EQ Gloss 09M and 09N. There are so many different shades of blonde, so I always tell my blonde clients to bring in photos so I can customize their color perfectly with a Redken Shades EQ Gloss.”
Follow the below highlight and root formulas to achieve Bakalova’s color:
- Highlight Formula: 2 oz. Redken Flash Lift + 2 oz. Redken 30 Volume Pro-Oxide Cream Developer
- Root Formula (Zone 1): 1 oz. Redken Shades EQ Gloss 09M Sand Dunes + 1 oz. Redken Shades EQ Gloss 09N Café au Lait + 2 oz. Redken Shades EQ Processing Solution
4. Chrissy Metz
Chrissy Metz wore a classic blowout styled by celebrity hairstylist David Stanwell (@davestanwell) with Oribe hair products.
To achieve her timeless look, Stanwell performed the following steps:
- Prep damp hair with Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray and Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse for heat protection and volume.
- Blow dry hair section-by-section with a round brush, bending the ends in towards the face.
- Create a center part and pull out two-inch sections of hair on both sides from the front hairline.
- Use Gel Sérum to smooth front sections and tuck behind ears.
- Set the look with Superfine Hair Spray.