With the holidays fast approaching, finding inspiration for that perfect festive hairdo is a hobby of ours, even if it will only be worn in the comfort of our own home.
Celebrities attending the 2020 E! Peoples’ Choice Awards served as the perfect muses when it came to gorgeous hair. Jennifer Lopez, Tracee Ellis Ross and Addison Rae all rocked sleek, pulled-back styles that can easily be recreated during the holidays.
Get the Color: Jennifer Lopez
Redken celebrity colorist Tracey Cunningham (@traceycunningham1) created the singer’s signature honey brown hair color and helped her get ready for the big night.
- Hairline Formula (Zone 1): .5 oz. Redken Chromatics Ultra Rich in 7NN, 5 oz. Redken Chromatics Ultra Rich in 8NN + 1 oz. Redken Chromatics Oil In Cream Developer 20 Volume
- Base Formula (Zone 1): .5 oz. Redken Chromatics Ultra Rich in 7NN, .5 oz. Redken Chromatics Ultra Rich in 6NN, .5 oz. Redken Chromatics Ultra Rich in 7NA, .5 oz. Redken Chromatics Ultra Rich in 6NA + 2 oz. Redken Chromatics Oil In Cream Developer 10 Volume
- Highlight Formula: 2 oz. Redken Flash Lift + 2 oz. Redken Pro-oxide Cream Developer 30 Volume
- Hairline Gloss (Zone 1 Only): .5 oz. Redken Shades EQ Gloss 07NB + .5 oz. Redken Shades EQ Gloss 08GG + 1 oz. Shades EQ Processing Solution
Get the Look: Tracee Ellis Ross
Celebrity hairstylist, Nai’Vasha (@naivashaintl), shared tips for how she created a super sleek braid for the actress.
- To begin, I secured a narrow triangle section in the front with a clip, and then detangled her damp hair with my T3 Paddle Brush.
- Next, I dried and smoothed the hair using the T3 Cura Luxe Hair Dryer and T3 Paddle Brush—the digital ion air is great for creating a smooth, shiny finish.
- I used a quarter size amount of gel for the hairline and base of the ponytail, then using my brush, I created a clean ponytail and secured with an elastic.
- I then added gel to the pony and braided out to completion, securing the end with an elastic band.
- Moving to the front, I unpinned that section and sub sectioned with gel from the root to the end and brushed flat.
- KEY STEP: While laid flat, I then swooped hair to the side and formed into a wave shape. To dry and set this wave, I used my T3 Cura Luxe Hair Dryer with SoftCurl Diffuser.
- Expert tip: I used the my T3 Lucea ID Flat Iron to lay and secure flyway’s and create shine consistency for a perfect finish.
Get the Look: Addison Rae
Using Redken products, celebrity hairstylist Danielle Priano (@daniellepriano) gave Addison Rae a glossy ponytail. Below are her step-by-step instructions.
- Prep hair by washing with the new Redken Extreme Length Shampoo With Biotin and Conditioner With Biotin to strengthen lengths and soften strands.
- Apply a quarter-sized amount of new Redken Oil For All to your lengths and ends to soften, add shine, and heat protect.
- Using a fine-toothed comb, center part your hair then blow-dry with a boar-bristled until fully dry.
- Create a few bends in your lengths with a curling iron and lightly comb through to soften. If desired, add hair extensions for dramatic length.
- Once your hair is fully dry, spritz a few spritzes of the new Redken Deep Clean Dry Shampoo at your roots for a touch of volume while maintaining your look.
- Pull your hair up into a high ponytail while maintain your part using a fine-toothed comb. Secure tightly with a hair elastic.
- Spritz Redken Triple Pure 32 Hairspray over your look for high hold, without the crunch.
- For added polish and glamour, spritz the new Redken Shine Flash all over your hair for a high-gloss, ‘glass hair’ shine.