Launchpad spent the weekend in Las Vegas with CHI and the Miss Universe contestants. It was a whirlwind of a weekend backstage at the pageant with our favorite CHI Global Stylists and some of the most talented and beautiful women in the world. Everything from the contestants' dresses to earrings to hair were perfect, so we want to share how to recreate the winning hairstyle. Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters, Miss South Africa, was crowned Miss Universe while rocking an intricate, braided top knot.
- Apply CHI 44 Iron Guard to dry hair, then using the new CHI Lava Flat Iron, take diagonal sections and create soft beach waves
- Put hair into a high ponytail and use a doughnut shape hair filler. Pass ponytail through the center of the filler and secure with bobby pins
- Cover up the filler using a CHI Backcomb Brush, secure with bobby pins and spray with Farouk Royal Treatment Ultimate Control Hairspray. You will have remaining hair at the mid-shaft and ends
- Create a three-strands braid with the remaining hair and secure around the bun, pulling some strands off the braid to add texture
- Spray Farouk Royal Treatment Rapid Shine all over for a glossy finish
[Images courtesy of Farouk Systems]