Celebrity stylist Gregory Russell gave Lily Collins a “modern goth” look at last night’s Critics’ Choice Awards. "I was inspired by Lily's Ellie Saab gown to create a romantic, prairie-goth, 70’s-inspired look with a modern texture,” says Russell, who used Matrix’s Style Link line to achieve the look.
The perfect romantic holiday look with just the right amount of edge, the style is easy to recreate for your client’s with Russell’s how-to, below!
Get the Look:
- On damp hair, create a center part. Apply one pump of the Matrix Style Link Volume Builder Mousse to the roots in the crown and one pump of Matrix Style Link Mineral Booster to the lengths.
- Blow-dry straight using a round brush. Pin the crown section to cool for added volume.
- Once cooled, brush out hair and add Matrix Style Link Height Riser Volumizing Powder to the crown for a messy, voluminous look. Distribute a pearl-sized amount of Matrix Style Link Mineral Grip Definer to the ends for movement and texture.
- Take the front quarter of the hair and twist it back, gathering more hair and pinning as you work to the nape of the neck. Repeat on the other side.
- Loop and knot the lengths to create a messy knot. Pull some stray pieces around the nape and face and spray with Matrix Style Link Texture Builder Messy Finish Spray for a lasting, wispy finish.