For her appearance at yesterday’s Critics’ Choice Awards, Nicole Kidman paired her minimalist, black, cut-out gown with a sleek, sculptural updo. Wispy, face-framing pieces kept the look soft and feminine for an overall ultra-chic effect.
Kidman’s go-to stylist, Kylee Heath, was inspired by the star’s stunning dress, stating, “we wanted to keep the hair classic, but also modern and sleek.” Recreate this gorgeous look with Heath’s how-to, below!
Get the Look:
- “I started off by applying MOP Lemongrass Lift to Nicole’s roots and Pear Detangler to the ends. Then I combed the product evenly through the hair.
- Next, I blow-dried the hair using the Ultra Smooth Professional Hair Dryer and Technique Silk Thermal 370 1.75-inch round brush to really smooth out the hair.
- At the crown, I blow-dried the hair in an upward motion to give it more lift.
- Once the hair was dry, I smoothed out the hair from mid-shaft to end with the Ultra Smooth Professional Styling Iron.
- I warmed MOP molding cream in my hands and used it to smooth out ends, tame fly-aways and to lay down the cuticle.
- Then, I pulled all of Nicole’s hair back low at the nape of her neck, twisted the hair around my hand and secured it using small bobby pins, leaving the ends of the hair out so that they fanned out toward the side.
- Next, I sprayed the C-system Firm Finish Hairspray for hold and added shine.
- Last, we decided to pull two small pieces of hair from the front for added softness.”